March 20, 2011

Dancers Among Us - Jordan Matter

I love these photos by Jordan Matter of professional dancers going about their ordinary lives in NYC in a spectactular way.  I would love to have been there to see these photos taken, AMAZING!!!

Jordan talkes about the inspiration behind this series.

"The idea for this body of work came during a performance by the Paul Taylor Dance Company. I was inspired by the dancers’ stunning combination of artistry and athleticism. Their commitment obviously extends beyond the rehearsals and performances- it is a way of life. I began to photograph these dancers as everyday people. In the photographs they are away from the stage, yet they cannot leave dance behind. As they go about their daily routines, they do so as dancers. This speaks to the power of a passionate life; if you’re fully invested in something, it is always with you."

I could look at these photos over and over again, such incredible talent!

1 comment:

  1. I love them...beautiful shots, they made me smile and have a happy heart. You need to enter them into a contest of some sort. You would definitely get grand prize. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete