January 25, 2011

DIY Fabric Headbands

I have so many scraps of fabric in varying patterns, I just can't throw them away!  I made cute braided fabric headbands!

All you need is
~3 strips of fabric, about 1 foot long, 1 inch wide
~1/2 wide elastic
~needle and thread
 1.  Using a paperclip, clip the ends of strips
 2. LOOSELY braid fabric.  Depending on the size of your head, braid about a foot, give or take.
 3.  Hand sew the ends together before sewing to elastic band
 4. Sew both ends to elastic band.

Look how cute it turned out!!
Im working on this one next, might not be able to wear this one in January, very summery!

1 comment:

  1. This is very cute! I want to make one, but I'm not very good at sewing. I will give it a try though. Definitely need to pick up some elastic!

    ReplyDelete